Friday, January 1, 2010

Every Six Months



I've noticed that many of the awesome bloggers I support have caught a little cold this week.  And they are not alone!  I have yet another sinus infection.  So I figured I'd join the ranks and show you what I wear when I'm sick.


Sadly, I'm not nearly as fashionable as most of the lovely ladies that I read about, but I'm a sucker for extreme comfort.


I've been wearing this awesome One-Zee that I made last year.  I stole the idea from my friend Katherine who actually sells them.  But as usual, it's cheaper for me to make my own, so I did.  


It's made out of polar fleece.  It's not exactly flattering, but it's the most comfortable thing I've ever, ever worn.  And I mean it.  Naturally I put a whole bunch of detail on it, like writing my name on the butt, but it doesn't really stand out all that well.  Ah well.


   


I originally made this to wear at the theatre while I'm getting dressed, so I can get out of it easily without disturbing my wig or makeup, and made it extra long so I can keep my feet nice and toasty.


So I've been wearing my One-Zee for almost a week straight, and it hit me that I could use another one.  So I decided to use my Christmas break to make a more stylish one.  I originally thought pinstripes would be fun, but I haven't been able to find any pinstripe fleece, so I went to Joann Fabrics down here in Philly where we're visiting family, and tried to get creative.  I eventually came up with the idea of a sailor suit.  It would not only be slightly more sophisticated, but it would satisfy my fascination with vintage fashion.


I came up with some different sketches...



And went to work on my in-laws living room floor, using the HUGE cutting mat I got for Christmas.  There's elastic around the waist and bust, and even the stripes are made out of little strips of polar fleece.



   

I wish you all the happiest of New Years!  Much love to all! And thanks for reading!


1 comment:

-Nikki said...

That is the CUTEST thing I've ever seen!! I love it!! Great job!