Monday, November 2, 2009

What I Did This Weekend



Since our house has been visited by the Swine Flu, we have spent quite a bit of time at home.

We're all feeling much better, thank you.

Between mandatory mealtimes and 13 hours of sleep a night, I personally spent a lot of time online, specifically on Etsy, one of my favorite sites.  I like to check up on my favorite sellers to see what new amazing items they have in their shops.

One of my favorite sellers is theblackapple.  She is a painter who sells prints of her work.  I have been admiring her work since the first time I looked around on Etsy.  I am attracted to her work because it's similar to the paintings I used to do.



But I think theblackapple has taken this idea to a much more sophisticated level than I had.  I haven't done any painting in a long while, but looking over her work I was inspired to go back to it.

Hence my weekend activities.  :)


3 comments:

Susane said...

Victoria~
Enjoyed seeing your paintings on wood again and noticed how you captured the individual-ness of those you painted a few years ago. Thanks for posting these.

Susane said...

Oh - and I did notice the two newer ones of you and Fletch - love the Phillies shirt and your latest jewelry around your neck.

Anonymous said...

V,
Those paintings are frickin' amazing and I am completely astonished at how talented you are.