Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tony Awards Party Necklace

I've been making jewelry out of the guitar strings that the guys break during the show.  We are planning to sell them for charity in the Fall, so at the moment I'm just trying to make a whole bunch.  


But just before the Tony Awards, I was presented with a broken piano string.   I wasn't so sure what to make out of it.  Those things are huge!  Since the man who broke it, Levi Kreis, was nominated for a Tony for his performance, I decided I should make something out of it to wear the night of the awards.  So I formed it into a circle, and wrapped some broken guitar strings around it for decoration, and wore it as a necklace.  The pictures didn't come out so amazing, but I got tons of compliments on it that night. Here's one with the hubby...


And a closeup...


And I think it was good karma!  Congrats Levi!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Victoria,

I'm a good friend of Levi's and flew out for the Tonys. I actually saw you showing him the necklace at the after party and thought "that's an interesting necklace" and then continued my people-watching...now here I stumble upon your blog and learn about how you MADE it from a broken piano string...BRILLIANT!!! I'm a singer and songwriter but I couldn't make jewelry to save my life and certainly not out of guitar or piano strings. Genius. And amazing job on the clock, too. Hope your pieces bring tons of cash for the auctions. I'll be linking your blog to mine and look forward to reading more about your creative endeavors!

Continued blessings,
Darci Monet

-Nikki said...

Holy amazingness!!! That's a super clever idea! They look great too. You designed them nicely. On a side note, holy crap, you went to the TONY AWARDS!!!! How fantastic was that?!?! And since this is a fashiony blog, you should definitely post pics of your dress!! :)